from Taste of Home
Prep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, egg substitute, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and garlic powder. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Drain pasta and meatballs. In a small bowl, combine meatballs with marinara sauce. Spoon half of mixture into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the pasta, cottage cheese and mozzarella; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals
12 g fat (5 g saturated fat)
66 mg cholesterol
804 mg sodium
55 g carbohydrate
5 g fiber
30 g protein.
For shorter prep time purchase pre-made meatballs.
It's cold and it's fall so start breaking out those casserole recipes! They'll warm your bellies and your heart:D