10.20.2011

The Summer That Was

In honor of my #1 blog fan, who asks about the blog every time we speak (even though my posts are becoming few and far between)…a post! Happy birthday, dad! This is for you:)

 

Wheew. We have had a whirlwind of a summer and fall is quickly running away from us as well. I’m not even sure where to begin, but I won’t attempt to recap it all here.

Early this summer we took a day trip to NYC.
IMG_8830

Back in Rhode Island we enjoyed our first (and second and third) polo match.
IMG_0297

We spent our fair share of time on the New England coast. This particular photo was taken in Portsmouth, NH. I think we’d call it one of New England’s best kept secrets. Charming downtown, walkable, beautiful old buildings and it’s right on the water.
IMG_0656

We (technically Andrew) consumed our fair share of seafood, much of which was prepared on the grill. Andrew loved grilling.
IMG_0782

Andrew and I rode our first tandem bike together, which we decided should be used for pre-martial counseling. It took 100% cooperation and communication to avoid disaster.
IMG_1671

We also took a quick trip to the City of Brotherly Love. This is Elfreth's Alley.
IMG_2180

I realize a few pictures won’t make up for a summer’s long absence, but it’s been much harder to catch back up than we anticipated.

Although the summer’s warmth has left us for the imminent cold, we have much to look forward to this fall and winter. We’re excited to slow down, relax a bit, enjoy some warm beverages, and hibernate. 

Happy Birthday, Dad. I hope to update this more regularly and more thoroughly soon. Promise! Love you!

4 comments:

  1. I can't see you pictures :( Am I doing it wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer. I had Andrew check at work and he can see them. Are you at work? Maybe there is a firewall or something. Maybe refresh the page? They are big and might be slow to load.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a new blog or did you stop blogging?

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little of both. I do have a new blog that I sort of switched to unintentionally when I did a 365 project. If you click on the silhouette picture on the top right it will take you there. I'd recommend that as the blog that will be used in the future.

    But I also took an unintentional break from blogging over the last year. Look for some updates in the coming month and hopefully some more consistency in blogging again! I miss it:)

    ReplyDelete