2.21.2009

Broadcast Blues

So, this is pretty sad and pathetic, but I'm coming clean. So, I think I previously mentioned that I had broken down and subscribed for the basic cable package in November--the $12.99 a month gig that gives you 25 channels or so. Well, amazingly I actually received all 96 channels. I have basked in this glorious oversight for the past few months, hence my Monday night TV Trash routine. Well, unfortunately, the age old adage, "nothing in life is free" came true all too soon. Sometime around the digital broadcast conversion or the fire marshal spending two hours in my attic, my fancy free TV watching escapade came to an end. I am officially getting what I pay for, 25 channels:( Sad.

Oh well. To put things in perspective...
a) Maybe I'll have more time to dedicate to you, my blog, now.
b) If this is the worst thing that happens to me all week, life is pretty good.
c) I've got 4 PBS channels to watch, they're starting to really grow on me:D
d) The Today Show and the NBC Nightly News are part of the 25 channels I do get. What more does a woman need?

2 comments:

  1. Do you still have your beloved Today show? Good background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And, all of my Monday night shows can be viewed on the internet:D

    ReplyDelete