7.26.2009

Stoked About Sunflowers

So I've gotten quite into this blogging thing. Unfortunately for you, I fallen in love with reading blogs, instead of writing them. I'll work on that. I really miss you, I do.

Since it's been a while, here's the latest:
  • We've decided on a reception site and date; January 16, 2010.
  • We're doing engagement photos in downtown Chicago on September 6th with an amazing photographer while we're in town for Andrew's cousin's wedding. (Double apostrophes...can you do that? Oh, well.) So stoked!
  • I have a beautiful wedding dress to wear. Stoked again.

  • I went to Restaurant Week 3 times. Yep, that's right. Three. It was amazingly overfilling. I mean, who gets an appetizer, entree, and dessert for lunch usually? No one! Well, I did, three times this week:)
  1. I went to a restaurant called CAV with some co-workers. Great food, delightful atmosphere. Loved it. They have all these antiques in the restaurant for sale, but mostly for decoration. I can't wait to take my future mother-in-law there--she loves antiques.
  2. I went with a friend from church to a cute little French place called Pot Au Feu--great atmosphere, decent food. I think we got the "Restaurant Week" treatment (opposite of VIP treatment), so I'm willing to try it again in the future with the expectation that it will be amazing. Sometimes the service isn't quite the same since they know you're only coming because you get great food for cheap.
  3. Lastly, Andrew and I went out for Mexican (our favorite) in the Italian district at a place called Don Jose Tequilas. One word: Amazing. Some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. He says the food in Cabo is still better, I say, "Prove it." :D
  • Also, the last thing I'm stoked about is: sunflowers. Andrew loves sunflowers anytime and all the time so I'm always on the look out for them. I have a friend who's family has a sunflower festival in Georgia, but well it's in Georgia and we're not. So, when I was reading a blog that I found on another blog (this is how I get hooked on blogs) I saw pictures from a field of sunflowers. I thought, "Yes! Please let this lady live in New England." So after I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out where she lives I discovered that it was Arkansas, which was not going to work. But determined, I started my google searches: "sunflower fields New England"..."sunflower fields Massachusetts"..."sunflower fields Connecticut"...BINGO!! Less than an hour from my apartment is this precious gem: Buttonwood Farm. Sunflowers for Wishes, Griswold, Connecticut. Not only is it a sunflower field, but it's for a good cause: The Make-A-Wish Foundation. And as if that wasn't enough, they have hayrides, famous ice cream, and for $5.00 you get a bouquet of sunflowers!! It's a one week event from July 18-26, 2009, that was extended one week through next weekend so we can actually go and see it!! How amazing!! We are so stoked to make a day trip out there. Hopefully we'll bring you back some beautiful pics! :)
Alright, I must go. We're off to watch #95 of The Top 100 Movies!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment