A Taste of Home Recipe, of course!
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
Directions:In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
Add the ham, cheeses, basil, garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in tomato. Drain tortellini mixture; add to the pan and heat through.
Yield: 6 servings.
- One serving: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat:9 g
- Cholesterol:66 mg
- Sodium:865 mg
- Carbohydrate:29 g
- Fiber:2 g
- Protein:19 g